Friday, July 7, 2017

Next in line...

Aha! Found the next writing project! A Young Adult mystery. It's a completed draft, in the edit/rewrite stages, and it's a story I love! A teaser...

           "For the first time ever, I’m glad Mom and Dad insisted I take every first aid course the YMCA offered. I kneel next to her and place two fingers on her throat. Her skin is cool, too cool. There’s no pulse. I check again to be sure.  
           How long has she been dea… I can’t even think the word. A cold thrill runs up my spine. What if she’s been mur-- Don’t go there, Cait! My hands shake so badly it’s hard to hit speed dial."

More to come... But in the meantime, blackberries from the garden... I see muffins in my future!





4 comments:

  1. Hi Julia,

    I'm from Brazil, so sorry if i write something wrong because i'm not used to write in english. I bought your book (XVI # 1) last week (the cover caught my eye) and finished reading today. I liked it very much, the book has mystery and you want to continue reading to find out what will happen. I loved Nina, Dee, sandy (: '(), wei, derek, mike and sal. I was sad to know that in Brazil, we only have the first book in Portuguese, my mother will not be able to read it, but I'll read the second one in English and tell her what happend. thank you for the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comments! I am glad you liked XVI! The third book will be coming out soon. I will post here when it does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia!
    So much has changed since I read the first book in the XVI series. I was just a teenager when it came out and next Saturday I'm getting married. Your book series stays with me in the way I look at culture and what gradual acceptance of sexism and classism can eventually become. It was an intro into feminism I didn't know I needed.

    I still treasure the car you sent me years ago and while unpacking in my new apartment, I came across it. It was so exciting to see you had updated, even if I didn't catch it immediately. I can't wait to read the next book.

    Thank you,
    Bailey Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness. Card* you definitely did not send me a car.

      Delete